Floatation involves lying in a super-saturated Epsom-salt solution that will make you feel almost completely weightless, letting every single muscle in your body fully relax.
The salt-water solution is heated to skin temperature (93.5°F). Once you are settled, it is almost impossible to tell which parts of your body are in the water and which aren’t.
Our float tanks look like a big egg bathtub with a hinged opening. They are specifically designed to block out all external distractions, such as sights, sounds, tactile sensations and gravity.
Each float room has its own shower for use before entering the pod and after the float to wash away the excess salt.
What is floating?
Imagine the most calm, serene, and tranquil environment – perfect for relaxation.
The buoyancy created by the Epsom Salt dissolved into 10 inches of water in the float pod effectively removes the effects of gravity on the body. This will make you feel almost completely weightless, letting every single muscle in your body fully relax. With nothing to distract you the outside world disappears and amazing things happen.
It turns out that when you’re not fighting gravity or constantly taking in information your body has a lot of extra resources at its disposal.
Your mind is free to mull things over without distraction, your brain pumps out dopamine and endorphins, and your body gets to rest, de-stress, and heal.
What to expect
FLOATING IS ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT YOU WON’T BE DOING.
You won’t be fighting gravity. The 1000 pounds of Epsom salt in the water takes care of that while you lie effortlessly on your back.
The water and air in the float pods are kept at skin temperature – 93.5 degrees. This means you lose track of where your body ends and the water and air begins.
Your ears sit just below the water line – combine this with the sound insulated rooms, and float pods, means noise from the outside doesn’t reach you.
After you settle in to the float pod and hit the light switch, you float in total darkness.
For the next hour the outside world is gone, and amazing things happen.
I want to float…what’s next?
Follow these steps to insure a great float session
Schedule your appointment online or by calling us at 509-242-3949. Try to book your appointment at least 24 hours in advance to allow for proper planning and preparation.
Prepare your mind and body. A little bit goes a long way on the day of your float — here are a few pointers to help you get the most from your float:
- Avoid consuming caffeine – you want to in a peaceful, calm, and relaxed state of mind
- Eat a light meal a few hours before floating – you don’t want to be overly full with food in your stomach, nor do you want to have hunger causing a distraction. A light meal a few hours ahead of time will put you in the sweet spot!
- Avoid shaving before your appointment – freshly shaven skin can become irritated by the Epsom salt for some people. It is best to avoid shaving the day of your appointment.
- Give yourself plenty of time before and after your appointment – you can resume your daily activities directly after your float, but we recommend you take some time to relax and enjoy the feeling for a while before diving back into the daily grind
- It’s time to start floating — the best part! Here is how your appointment will go:
- Show up 10 minutes before your float appointment to check-in.
- Take a quick pre-float shower, using only body wash and shampoo
- Turn off the main room lights and then step into the float pod.
- Music will fill the pod for the first 5 minutes of your float. Turn off the float pod light for darkness
- The music will fade away leaving you with 50 minutes of uninterrupted bliss.
- With 5 minutes remaining in your session the music will fade back in and ease you out of your float.
- Turn on your float pod light and exit the pod.
- Take a quick post-float shower, using body wash, shampoo & conditioner to wash all the Epsom salt off your body.
- Get dressed and ready to head back into the real world feeling rejuvenated and at your best.
- Enjoy your post-float afterglow for days to come!
- After floating, help yourself to a bottle of water to help hydrate after the float